Sunday, January 19, 2014

Insomnia, and Heartburn, and Migraines, Oh My!

It is now 6:19 am and I have been awake since 3 am. This is not the way I wanted to start day 1. I woke with a migraine which, unfortunately, has been happening more often as of late because I have eating terribly. The last month or so I have been focusing on eating a more plant based diet. However, we were broke this last week and knew we would be juicing once a paycheck came so we got "rid" of all the leftover junk... by inhaling it. This quickly lead to me popping my old favorite vitamins: Tums and Excedrine. Ugh. This is a picture of my nightstand this morning.There was a pile of 6 Tums there last night.  We won't mention the elephant on the table...
I have read over and over that the first few days of juicing are awful due to the sudden initial detox. I have also read that decreasing meat and sugar intake the week before a juice fast really helps to mitigate the trouble of those first few days. I had already done that while just making efforts to be healthier... of course until the week before I actually start. I feel like shit. I don't like to use foul language in public forums, but there is no proper way to get around that. I have treated my body like shit, and now I feel the shit. I guess the silver lining in this is if I already feel awful, detoxing may feel normal. Then again, the pizza, doughnut, Reeses, sourdough toast, butter, jelly, and cereal l had yesterday may have the last laugh at that point. That's right, I had zero nutrition yesterday and today I'm promising to drown my body in nutrients and begging forgiveness. Hmm. I must be from 'Murica.

Its 6 am, I'm hungry already for no reason, and today sucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment