Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 4: Fear Factor Juice

So I was looking at juicing recipes for the giant juice making day ahead and came across some that were for beginning juicers as far as being veggie heavy but still yummy.  We had lots of carrots and romaine lettuce and those were the only two ingredients listed for one of the recipes.  Cool!  Carrots juice is awesome right?  And I haven't really been tasting the leafy greens in my juices; its the cucumbers and celery to watch out for.  Anyway, a bunch of carrots and romaine later and my mom and I go to try it... and its AWFUL.  Like, spit out the extra saliva in your mouth after tasting it, awful.  We sat there staring at each other with no idea how to make this shit show any better without adding a million fruits.  Mom suggested some cucumber, cause even though she hates the flavor of cucumber, she would rather taste that than the mutant juice we just had.  I replied "no joke, that juice should be on fear factor."  So that's where the name came from.  Now the juice inst so bad and we only added some pineapple and one lime...for 32 ounces of juice, that's not bad.

~Jacquelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment